ESG Consultant, Associate
We are looking for an individual to join our team and who is interested in gaining experience in Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) strategy consulting. This role is focused on supporting the client in ESG program development, ESG data collection, ESG ratings remediation, ESG policies and reporting.
Our Consultants are key drivers of our success. We are seeking professionals eager to gain knowledge and experience while making a strong contribution to our growing practice.
- Research and advise public companies on climate change risk reporting, materiality assessments, scope 1-3 emissions, sustainability reporting, carbon neutrality, and science-based targets
- Subject Matter Expertise in Corporate Sustainability Reports (CSRs), ESG frameworks, strategies, rating systems.
- Research and advise on eco-efficiency disclosures at public companies including waste, water, energy, renewable energy, recycling, carbon footprint, and other “E” pillar disclosures
- ESG peer benchmarking, data mining, and chart building
- Environment and Social policy research and writing
- Environment and Social data and disclosure research through online platforms (MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS)
- Development of ESG programs and strategy for clients.
- Provide technical expertise on ESG issues, policies, guidelines and requirements.
- 1-3 years of experience with sustainability reporting, climate scenarios, and/or scope 1- scope 3 GHG emissions calculations and reporting
- Experience consulting on ESG issues and developing ESG strategies
- Strong writing, research, analytical, and data analytics skills
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and database management
- Certifications in TCFD or SASB greatly appreciated
- Knowledgeable in ESG trends and best practices.
- Interest and experience in ESG principles and frameworks in the public and private sectors (TCFD, SASB, UN Sustainable Development Goals, GRI, MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS, and S&P Global ESG)
- Interest in financial markets, corporate strategy, ESG, and investor relations
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
- MBA or BA in Economics, Finance, Sustainability, Sustainable Accounting or related fields or equivalent years of industry experience. Certifications in TCFD or SASB appreciated.
- Permanently remote position
About ZMH Advisors:
ZMH Advisors is a boutique consulting firm that provides insight on investor-centric ESG strategy, best-in-class corporate governance, shareholder activism and proxy advisory firm engagement. Our clients include pre-IPO, IPO and S&P500 companies. We leverage technology and data to help clients optimize their shareholder interactions by offering unique insights into what matters most to investors. ZMH was rated No. 2 Financial Advisor (activists) by Bloomberg for FY20.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com Include in the subject your name and which position you are interested in. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.